These stuffed beef rolls are wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with mushrooms, onions, spinach, cream cheese and other cheeses. They are crispy on the outside and gooey in the middle. I have used beef schnitzel to make these but you could use any steak that is big enough like flank steak. Just cut it thinly and pound until about ½ to a ¼ inch thick.
- 100 grams thinly sliced flank steak
- 25 grams prosciutto
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 25 grams mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 25 grams Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100 grams mushrooms
- ¼ large onion
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven to bake at 375ºF to preheat. Dice onions and mushrooms into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium heat to melt half your butter then add your minced garlic. Fry for a couple of minutes then add the onion.
- Sautee onions until they are translucent then add your diced mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook down for approximately 20 minutes until well caramelized and browned.
- Add cream cheese and mix through the vegetables until melted.
- Add the three cheeses to the pan and allow to melt while mixing into the mixture.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the spinach and allow this to wilt and combine with the stuffing mix well. Once done, remove from heat and allow to cool briefly.
- Ensure you have already prepared your beef if you need to. Lay your prosciutto (or bacon) flat on a chopping board overlapping itself slightly and place the beef schnitzel over the top.
- Evenly spread your stuffing mixture onto the beef so it covers the schnitzel. Leave the edges free to prevent stuffing from spilling over the edges.
- Roll your stuffed beef up using the bacon or prosciutto. If you need to, secure with toothpicks.
- Melt remaining butter in a pan over medium heat and place your beef roll in the pan to brown. Keep turning until evenly browned then remove and place into your preheated oven.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until beef has cooked through.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Stuffed Beef Rolls. Each serving comes out to be 423.5 Calories, 31.79g Fats, 5.63g Net Carbs, and 25.39g Protein.