Planning for a Keto meal isn’t as difficult as it may seem. You only need good Keto recipes and ideas to plan your meals accordingly. There is a wide variety of easy-to-prepare Keto Diet recipes that cover all meals (including snacks) that can be found online, or better yet, contained within excellent Keto meal plans and cookbooks.
Your Keto meal ideas should cover your breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and even snacks. With the amount of resources available, planning and preparing in advance can be accomplished without too much hassle or guesswork. After all, not having your Keto meal plans laid out can lead to eating outside of the guidelines for your Ketogenic Diet, thereby interfering with your weight loss and health goals.
Below is an example of a standard Keto meal plan for decent breakfast, lunch and dinner…plus snacks along the way.
Keto meal plan for breakfast
There are hundreds of Keto meal plans for breakfast available. The following will give you ideas on what foods to use for breakfast:
- Cook two eggs in coconut oil together with an avocado and up to eight walnuts.
- Two cooked eggs eaten with bacon, with two cups of spinach sauteed with garlic and olive oil and green pepper.
- A cup of smoothie prepared with unsweetened almond milk and low-carb protein powder. This can be eaten together with spinach, almond butter and avocado. Hemp seeds can be added to it for variety.
- Plain Greek yogurt with a few spoonfuls of almond butter.
- Spinach, onion, and mushroom omelet cooked in oil; you add a handful of nuts to spice up the meal.
Keto meal plan for lunch
Lunch on a Keto diet is no different, with lots of good ideas out there. Here’s an example:
- Three cups of arugula salad dressed with oil and served with sardines or any other fatty fish.
- Grilled chicken breast with onion and cherry tomatoes. This can be eaten with shredded greens prepared in olive oil.
- Spinach salad eaten with tuna and chopped cabbage. An avocado, olives and cheese together with oily vinaigrette can be added to spice up the meal.
- Ribeye steak eaten with an avocado and sauteed spinach
- Salted and peppered chicken breast eaten with mashed potatoes and prepared in cream and butter and oil.
Keto meal plan for dinner
The following Keto meal plan is good for a balanced dinner:
- Kelp noodles and tofu strips together with basil pesto and a bowl of mushroom soup.
- Ground turkey, beef or sausage meatballs prepared with almonds, and broccoli cooked in oil.
- Several ounces of fish cooked in tomato sauce and eaten with asparagus prepared in mustard mayonnaise.
- Several ounces of salmon with broccoli cooked in olive oil and butter.
- Chicken skin with cream sauce together with cauliflower mash, prepared with cream, butter and oil and eaten with roasted zucchini.
Keto snacks for a filling experience
The following snacks will help your Keto meal experience:
- A can of coconut milk or cream eaten with peanut butter and prepared as ice cream.
- Almonds and celery stalks.
- Flax seed crackers and goat Gouda cheese.
- Cucumber sandwiches prepared with cheddar
- Seaweed snacks and avocado with salted tomato slices.